Often referred to as ‘Nose Job’, rhinoplasty is a procedure that’s performed when you have any problems with the structure of the nose. With rhinoplasty, you can adjust the size, width, and position of your nose.
The procedure can also be done to correct an enlarged tip or if there’s a bump on your nose. Typically, a nose job is done using either open or closed procedure, which we shall be delving further into.
Types of Rhinoplasty
1. Open rhinoplasty
In open rhinoplasty, the incisions are done from the outside your nose. This procedure opens up your nose completely, giving the surgeon a better view of the nasal structure. There will be scarring at the base of the nose, but it’s barely visible after surgery.
2. Closed Rhinoplasty
In this procedure, also referred to as endonasal rhinoplasty, the incisions are done inside the nasal structure. This form of rhinoplasty gives surgeons a clear view of the nasal structure, and unlike the open type, it completely gets rid of the scar at the base of the nose.
It is important to note that the results of rhinoplasty surgery last for a lifetime, and so, it is best to plan for it when the nose is fully developed to avoid interference from later growth.
As with any surgical procedure, choosing the right hands for the job is one of the most important aspects. Deciding which practitioner does the operation will have lasting positive or negative implications.
There are numerous cosmetic surgeons out there who claim to be the best, making it tricky to find the one for your needs. That being said, here are a few tips to find the right rhinoplasty surgeon:
- The surgeon should be well experienced and knowledgeable about the procedure you pick.
- They should be able to address all your queries and questions
- They should be certified to indulge in surgery. Check reviews from their past patients
- They should clearly explain the risks or complications that come with rhinoplasty
- They should have the ability to prepare you mentally for the procedure
- Take a look at the before and after photos of past patients before proceeding
Lastly, the rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to make you comfortable and showcase great skills and manners. Not just the doctor but also the whole staff should be able to make patients feel at ease, which is important for bringing out the best results for the procedure.