If your feet are causing you to experience pain, it’s important to visit a podiatrist at Silverdale. Pain in your legs can also be caused by issues with your feet, and some foot problems are a sign of more serious underlying medical conditions. The earlier you seek out treatment, the more effective it will be, so don’t put off booking a consultation with an experienced foot doctor.
Here are some of the most common feet problems:
• Athlete’s Foot – This is a common fungal skin infection that usually develops between the toes. If it’s not treated early, it can spread and cause itching, blistering, cracking, and peeling of the skin. discomfort. In some cases, prescription oral antifungal medication is needed.
• Ingrown Toenails – These can be very painful and cause swelling, redness, and even weeping from the toenail if an infection develops. In serious cases, a podiatrist may need to prescribe potent antibiotics and a portion of the nail may need to be removed by an orthopedic surgeon.
• Bunions – A podiatrist can prescribe a splint or custom-made shoe inserts that will help straighten the big toe. If a bunion causes a lot of pain, it can be surgically removed.
• Plantar Fasciitis – This is an inflammatory condition and often doesn’t have a clear cause. NSAIDs, such as naproxen sodium, can help to reduce inflammation and pain. Sufferers may need custom-made orthotics to give their heel extra support.
• Diabetic Neuropathy – Regular foot exams are essential for those with diabetes to prevent worsening nerve damage.
• Heel Spur – Effective treatments include orthotic shoe inserts, cortisol injections, rest, OTC pain killers, and ice packs.
• Metatarsalgia – Stone bruises, as the condition is often referred to, can be caused by wearing poor-fitting shoes or engaging in high-impact exercise. Stone bruises often go away on their own over time, but if symptoms worsen, it’s time to visit a foot doctor.
• Corns – These patches of thick skin are usually caused by ill-fitting shoes. A podiatrist may suggest surgery to remove a corn that doesn’t respond to over the counter treatments.
A lot of people neglect regular foot care, which is a big mistake. After all, we use our feet every day. So, if you’ve been putting off booking an appointment with a foot doctor for a while, now is the time to act. Finding a good podiatrist at Silverdale is now very easy thanks to the internet.