Getting Botox treatment in Shelton for the first time may be as exciting as it is nerve-wracking, which is why you should aptly prepare for the experience. Whether you’re trying to stave off wrinkles or prevent fine lines from deepening, Botox treatments are a great non-invasive procedure to get you started!
Before heading into the clinic for your first appointment, here are some things you should do to prepare yourself:
- Read up on and research Botox treatments because they can help you know what to expect from your visit. Is it even right for you? If so, what are the potential side effects you may have to endure? It is important to head into the clinic of your choice well prepared before your first visit.
- As this is the first time you’ll be getting injections, make sure to schedule your appointment for a laidback day with minimal clients. It is important that your first visit is as relaxing as possible without having to worry about time constraints.
- If you’re taking certain medications, it is important to understand that they may not play well with Botox treatments. Speak to your primary care provider if you’re taking any NSAIDS, blood thinners, allergy medications, or muscle relaxers. These may all impact the outcome of the procedure!
- Bruising is an unfortunate yet common side effect of this cosmetic treatment. It is important to prepare to minimize the effects of bruising on your face by laying off cigarettes for a few days if you smoke and applying ice to the affected areas. Arnica cream is another great natural way to combat the healing time of bruises incurred during treatment.
- How about getting some exercise before your Botox treatment in Shelton? This can help you relax and get prepared for your first set of injections. It is worth mentioning, however, that you should refrain from strenuous physical activity for up to 5 hours after your session.
- Give your face a loving scrub before getting your injections. If your skin is sweaty, oily, or otherwise dirty, administering injections will cause acne to rise on your skin. Though the doctor will give your face a wipedown with antiseptic, you should do what you can as well!
Getting ready for Botox treatments may seem unnecessary, but the fact is that you need to prepare to minimize side effects and to remain calm. After your first treatment, you will find yourself easily going into the clinic for your next session.